A downloadable chiptune tracker for Windows
Beware of the CAT-O-METER!
klystrack is a tracker for making C64/NES/Amiga-style chiptunes on a modern platform. It can be used to create audio for games (Gravitus Minus uses the audio engine for music and sound effects).
News: There is a Discord server for all things klystrack.
- Additive synthesis with filters (think SID, Atari, NES etc.)
- Hard sync and ring modulation (like SID)
- FM synthesis (think Adlib, MSX, OPL2 etc.)
- Wavetable for samples or custom waveforms to be used in synthesis (think Amiga, SNES)
- Built-in wave generator and editor
- Programmable instruments not limited to simple arpeggios
- Tracker with free positioning of patterns
- Pattern transpose
- Pattern length is not fixed
- Hard limit of 32 channels but this can be raised (just ask if you need more... sounds crazy, though)
- Fully themeable, includes half dozen themes
- Stereo chorus
- SNES-style multitap echo
- Bit crusher/decimator
- Own custom format with a tiny playback library to be used in games, demos etc.
- Export as .WAV
- Export each track as separate .WAV's
- Export wavetable items as .WAV's (use klystrack to create one-cycle waveforms for other synths!)
- Import .WAV's to use as samples
- Import Protracker and FT2 modules
- Import C64 SID files (Rob Hubbard player)
|Published||Sep 07, 2017|
|Release date||Dec 31, 2008|
|Tags||8-bit, audio-engine, chiptune, Lo-fi, Music, Pixel Art|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution_ShareAlike v4.0 International|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Links||Source code, Twitter|
All the previous releases are available on the GitHub page.
If you are a Linux person, check out this Snap that installs klystrack and all needed dependencies!
- klystrack Discord server25 days ago
- Klystrack playback library updated51 days ago
- Tutorial #3: FM synthesis59 days ago
- klystrack 1.7.3!Sep 13, 2017
- Intermission: More tutorialsSep 10, 2017
- Tutorial #2: Babby's First BoomSep 09, 2017
- Tutorial #1: ExportingSep 09, 2017
- Welcome to klystrack!Sep 08, 2017